With the Mobile Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci, barcodes can be scanned both for selling products and for storing in the system.
This article is about connecting to an iOS device (iPad or iPhone).
On the iOS device (iPad or iPhone)
To set up the scanner on your Smart Device, you'll need Socket Mobile's "Scanner Settings" app, available from the App Store.
Once you've downloaded and installed it, you'll need to follow these steps to allow your scanner to communicate with Paymash:
- Turn on the scanner first. It should beep and blink.
- Open the app
- Click on 1D Scanner and scan the code displayed as shown on the screenshot
- Open the settings on your Smart Device and go to Bluetooth Settings
- Activate Bluetooth
- The scanner will now be displayed and you can connect your device to it
- Open the Paymash App
- Open the scanner function at the product overview
- Now the scanner appears automatically and shows you the battery level.
- You can now scan your products with the external scanner and save a lot of time when selling
Settings for the scanner, such as whether it beeps or vibrates, can be done in the "Scanner Settings" app.
You can check the battery level of your Mobile Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci in the "Scanner Settings" app or in Paymash if the scanner is connected to your device.
I can't connect my device to the scanner. What do I need to do?
Your scanner may still be connected to another device. Make sure you disconnect the scanner from all devices in the Bluetooth settings.
Open the "Scanner Settings" app, click on "No device detected" and then on Factory Reset Barcode. Select the 1D scanner and scan the code with the Mobile Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci.
You can now reconnect the Mobile Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci to another device as described in the instructions above.
I want to connect my scanner to a second device, what do I have to do?
The Mobile Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci can only be connected to one device at a time. To connect it to another device, you have to disconnect it from the first device in the Bluetooth settings. You can then connect it to another device as described in the instructions.