Tipping is part of everyday life in the catering industry. In this article you can read how to collect your tips with Paymash.
Part 1 (Create "Tips" as a new product)
Since tips are to be charged without VAT, it is important that you create an additional product with 0.00% VAT. Follow these steps:
- Log in to app.paymash.com and go to the settings.
- Select "Company" in the settings.
- In the VAT rates section you can now save the 0.00% VAT rate.
- Go to "Products" and add a new product by clicking on the "+".
- Give the product a name e.g. Tips.
- Select the 0.00% VAT rate.
- Activate "Free pricing".
- Save the product.
Part 2 (Tipping function usage in POS)
- First go to the Paymash settings.
- Then select the menu item "General".
- Below you will find the tipping function which you need to activate.
- Select a product which will then be automatically added to the shopping basket if someone wants to leave a tip.
The tipping function is now activated and will be shown during the checkout process. You can either enter the total amount including tips in "Total + Tip" field (1) or you can input the tip amount into "Tip" field (2) and Paymash will count the sum to be paid automatically.